By using the freeze-drying method for instant coffee most of the coffee flavor can be preserved. It’s a high value product and the flavor difference makes it worth it.
Below is a simplified overview of a generic instant coffee factory.
SD Freeze Drying’s core technology is the freeze dryer and loading/unloading robot systems; however, our knowledge covers the entire process both up- ad down-stream.
Added value with an SD Freeze Drying solution:
- Standard skid
- Modularized (20’ container setup)
- Reduced transportation, installation, documentation and commissioning costs
- Optimized modules
- Robust process due to multi-chambers
- Increased up time (maintenance)
- Reduced manual operations
- 100% scalable production → flexibility, ease and incremental capacity expansion
- Automation prepared for expansion
- Large span of use: instant coffee, ready-to-serve food, ingredients and nutraceuticals
- Robot loading/unloading
- Automated CIP
- 100% sanitary design (according to EHEDG, incl. valves, instruments etc.)
- No movable parts