Increasingly complex products within the nutraceutical & dietary supplements industries, request a delicate drying process. SD Freeze Drying offers a flexible and modularized freeze-drying solution. A solution with a high degree of automation which will enable our customers to increase the factory output capacity while reducing labour costs. SD Freeze Drying will guarantee its customers optimised freeze drying technology which complies with the increasing hygienic demands and requirements of batch control and documentation. We provide the best solution for nutraceuticals such as bacteria.
Below is a simplified overview of a generic nutraceuticals factory.
SD Freeze Drying’s core technology is the freeze dryer and loading/unloading robot systems, however our knowledge covers the entire process both up- and down-stream.
Added value with an SD Freeze Drying solution:
- Standard skid
- Modularized (20’ container setup)
- Reduced transportation, installation, documentation and commissioning costs
- Optimised modules
- Robust process due to multi-chambers
- Increased up-time (maintenance)
- Reduced manual operations
- 100% scalable production → flexibility, ease and incremental capacity expansion
- Automation prepared for expansion
- Operating in clean room environment
- Automatic filling/emptying of trays in “Clean Room”
- Automatic filling/emptying of freeze dryers in “Clean Room”
- Automated CIP
- 100% sanitary design (according to EHEDG, incl. valves, instruments etc.)
- No movable parts
- Cross contamination control (CIP-able)
- Increased product integrity (no water or oil)
- Certified materials
- CIP or sanitation is optional
Examples of products in nutraceuticals are:
- Bio Mass cell concentrates
- Filamentous fungi,
- Some mushrooms
- Algae (Micro Algae)
- Herbal extracts
- Herbs with nutraceutical value
- Certain Bio Pharmaceuticals are categorised as nutraceuticals. Medicine grown from live organism.